To be eligible for funding from the ANZ New Zealand Staff Foundation,
an applicant must be a charity registered by the Charities Commission.
The Foundation supports charitable organisations whose work fulfils one or more of the following purposes:
- To assist in the promotion of financial literacy
- To provide opportunities for all New Zealanders to achieve economic and social independence
- To provide access to learning opportunities that prepare people for meaningful work and a high quality of life
- To assist people working together to create viable and secure communities
- To assist communities to conserve New Zealand’s natural and historic resources.
- A maximum of $25,000 can be requested by each charity per funding round
Examples of initiatives and projects we have funded
Please refer to our website for examples and details of organisations/initiatives we have funded.
Here are some examples:
- Educational initiatives such as training programmes, workshops or mentoring for youth, disabled persons, etc
- Social support services such as therapy or counselling for victims of sexual abuse or trauma
- Equipment for sustainable community projects such as gardens or skills development projects
- Promotional activities such as funding for brochures and signage
- Volunteering projects and community development initiatives.
What we don't fund
- Sports clubs
- Fundraising events/campaigns
- Fixed assets, including equipment unless the equipment is critical to the operation of your organisation, eg hospice funding requests for medical equipment to assist patients with home-based care
- Capital investment, eg new buildings
- Normal operating and administration costs, including salaries. However, consideration will be given to funding the cost of providing specialist services, eg funding for 20 one-hour sessions with a specialist counsellor at an hourly rate per session
- Debt repayment and operating budget deficits
- Costs of attending overseas conferences
- Travel costs, eg national and international airfares
- Organisations that ANZ New Zealand is already sponsoring
- Organisations that have already received funding from the Foundation in the previous 12 months.
- Charitable projects that are not New Zealand based
- February funding round: All applicants will be notified of the outcome in late April. Funds will be required to be used between May and October. August funding round: All applicants will be notified of the outcome in late October. Funds will be required to be used between November and April.
The ANZ New Zealand Staff Foundation has two funding rounds per year which close at 5pm on 15 February and 15 August or on the next business day if either of these dates fall on a weekend or public holiday.
Please note: The Foundation will not provide funding to an organisation who has received a grant from the Foundation in the previous 12 months.